Electric Motor, Power Tool, & Related Repairers
Electric Motor Winder, Maintenance Technician, Repair Technician, Service Technician
Select a military branch to see samples.
Aircraft Electrical And Environmental Systems; Aircraft Electrical And Environmental Systems Journeyman; Bomber/Special Electronic Warfare and Radar Surveillance Integrated Avionics Apprentice, B-52; Bomber/Special Electronic Warfare and Radar Surveillance Integrated Avionics Apprentice, EC-130 Compass Call; Bomber/Special Electronic Warfare and Radar Surveillance Integrated Avionics Helper, B-2; Bomber/Special Electronic Warfare and Radar Surveillance Integrated Avionics Helper, E-3 Radar Surveillance; Bomber/Special Electronic Warfare and Radar Surveillance Integrated Avionics Journeyman, B-2; Bomber/Special Electronic Warfare and Radar Surveillance Integrated Avionics Journeyman, E-3 Radar Surveillance; Electrical Power Production Apprentice; Electrical Systems
AH-64 Attack Helicopter Repairer; Aircraft Electrician; Automotive Maintenance Warrant Officer; Construction Engineering Technician; Interior Electrician; Powerline Distribution Specialist (RC); Senior Automotive Maintenance Warrant Officer/Senior Ordnance Logistics Warrant Officer; Small Arms/Towed Artillery Repairer; UH-60 Helicopter Repairer; Unit Supply Specialist
Aviation Maintenance Technician; Avionics Electrical Technician; Damage Controlman; Electrician's Mate; Electronics Technician; Gunner's Mate; Marine Safety Specialist Engineer; Material Maintenance Specialty; Naval Engineering Specialty
Aircraft Electrical Systems Technician, EA-6; Aircraft Electrical Systems Technician, F/A-18; Aircraft Electrical Systems Technician, KC-130; Aircraft Electrical/Instrument/Flight Control Systems Technician, IMA; Artillery Systems Technician; Basic Utilities Marine; Electrician; Engineer Equipment Electrical Systems Technician; Mobile Facility Technician; Support Equipment Electrician/Refrigeration and Engine/Gas Turbine Technician
Aviation Electrician's Mate; Aviation Electrician's Mate Organizational Level Technician; Conversion NEC CE Construction Electrician Basic; Electrical Maintenance Technician; Electrical Systems Technician; Electricians Mate, Nuclear Power; LDO - Electronics, Surface; NAMTS Inside Electrical Repair Technician; Submarine Propulsion Plant Electrical Operator; Surface Propulsion Plant Electrical OperatorNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Repair, maintain, or install electric motors, wiring, or switches.
On the job, you would:
- Inspect and test equipment to locate damage or worn parts and diagnose malfunctions, or read work orders or schematic drawings to determine required repairs.
- Reassemble repaired electric motors to specified requirements and ratings, using hand tools and electrical meters.
- Measure velocity, horsepower, revolutions per minute (rpm), amperage, circuitry, and voltage of units or parts to diagnose problems, using ammeters, voltmeters, wattmeters, and other testing devices.
Engineering and Technology
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- repairing machines or systems using the right tools
- figuring out what is causing equipment, machines, wiring, or computer programs to not work
Hand and Finger Use
- put together small parts with your fingers
- hold or move items with your hands
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
- quickly know what you are looking at
- listen and understand what people say
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Analytical or scientific software
- Commutator profiling software
- Motor testing software
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
certificate after high school or
high school diploma/GED
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Control & Valve Installers & Repairers
- Electrical & Electronic Equipment Assemblers
- Electromechanical Equipment Assemblers
- Engine & Other Machine Assemblers
- Industrial Machinery Mechanics
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about electric motor, power tool, and related repairers.