All Terrain Vehicle Technician (ATV Technician), Motorcycle Mechanic, Motorcycle Technician, Service Technician
Select a military branch to see samples.
Mission Generation Vehicular Equipment Maintenance; Mission Generation Vehicular Equipment Maintenance Apprentice; Mission Generation Vehicular Equipment Maintenance Apprentice, Firefighting and Refueling Vehicle and Equipment Maintenance; Mission Generation Vehicular Equipment Maintenance Craftsman; Mission Generation Vehicular Equipment Maintenance Helper; Mission Generation Vehicular Equipment Maintenance Helper, Firefighting and Refueling Vehicle and Equipment Maintenance; Mission Generation Vehicular Equipment Maintenance Journeyman; Mission Generation Vehicular Equipment Maintenance Journeyman, Firefighting and Refueling Vehicle and Equipment Maintenance; Mission Generation Vehicular Equipment Maintenance, Apprentice, Material Handling Equipment (MHE)/463L Maintenance; Mission Generation Vehicular Equipment Maintenance, Helper, Material Handling Equipment (MHE)/463L Maintenance
Wheeled Vehicle MechanicNo similar titles were found.
Crash/Fire/Rescue Vehicle Technician; Fuel and Electrical Systems MechanicNo similar titles were found. No similar titles were found.
What they do:Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul motorcycles, scooters, mopeds, dirt bikes, or similar motorized vehicles.
On the job, you would:
- Mount, balance, change, or check condition or pressure of tires.
- Replace defective parts, using hand tools, arbor presses, flexible power presses, or power tools.
- Dismantle engines and repair or replace defective parts, such as magnetos, carburetors, or generators.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- figuring out how to use new ideas or things
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- put together small parts with your fingers
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Hearing and Speech
- tell the difference between sounds
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Data base user interface and query software
- AbbottSoft QuickFix
- TRACKUM Repair Manager
Point of sale POS software
- LightSpeed Cloud
- Santa Maria Software Counterman Pro
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
certificate after high school or
high school diploma/GED
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Automotive Service Technicians & Mechanics
- Bicycle Repairers
- Bus & Truck Mechanics & Diesel Engine Specialists
- Motorboat Mechanics & Service Technicians
- Outdoor Power Equipment & Other Small Engine Mechanics
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about motorcycle mechanics.