Helpers--Installation, Maintenance, & Repair Workers
Maintenance Aide, Maintenance Helper, Mechanic Helper, Technician's Helper
Select a military branch to see samples.
Aerospace Ground Equipment; Aerospace Propulsion Journeyman, Turboprop andTurboshaft Propulsion (helicopter, propeller, tiltrotor aircraft); Airlift/Special Mission Aircraft Maintenance Apprentice, C-5; Bomber/Special Electronic Warfare and Radar Surveillance Integrated Avionics Helper, B-2; Electrical Systems; Helicopter/Tiltrotor Aircraft Maintenance Craftsman; Missile And Space Systems Maintenance Journeyman; Nondestructive Inspection Journeyman; Refuel/Bomber Aircraft Maintenance Helper, B-52; Tactical Aircraft Maintenance (5th Generation) Helper, F-22
Aircraft Pneudraulics Repairer; Aircraft Powertrain Repairer; BRADLEY Fighting Vehicle System Maintainer; Field Artillery (FA) Weapons Locating Radar (WLR) Specialist; Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer; STRYKER Systems Maintainer; Self Propelled Artillery Systems Maintainer; Tactical Power Generation Specialist; Tracked Vehicle Repairer; Utilities Equipment Repairer
Aviation Maintenance Technician; Aviation Survival Technician; Avionics Electrical Technician; Boatswain's Mate; Electrician's Mate; Electronics Technician; Gunner's Mate; Marine Safety Specialist Deck; Marine Safety Specialist Engineer; Material Maintenance Specialty
Air Traffic Control Communications Technician; Aircraft Avionics Technician, AV-8B; Aircraft Electrical Systems Technician, KC-130; Aircraft Ordnance Technician; Aviation Communication Systems Technician; Aviation Radar Repairer; Engineer Equipment Electrical Systems Technician; Light Armored Vehicle (LAV) Repairer/Technician; Motor Vehicle Operator; Small Arms Repairer/Technician
Advanced Construction Mechanic; Aircraft Intermediate Maintenance Officer, Support Equipment; Aviation Support Equipment Technician; Construction Mechanic; Engineman; Fire Controlman (AEGIS); Gas Turbine System Technician (Electrical); Gunner's Mate; Machinist's Mate; Machinists Mate, Non-Nuclear, Submarine AuxiliaryNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Help installation, maintenance, and repair workers in maintenance, parts replacement, and repair of vehicles, industrial machinery, and electrical and electronic equipment. Perform duties such as furnishing tools, materials, and supplies to other workers; cleaning work area, machines, and tools; and holding materials or tools for other workers.
On the job, you would:
- Install or replace machinery, equipment, and new or replacement parts and instruments, using hand or power tools.
- Examine and test machinery, equipment, components, and parts for defects to ensure proper functioning.
- Tend and observe equipment and machinery to verify efficient and safe operation.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
- Atlas Construction Business Forms
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Computer aided design CAD software
- HVAC tools software
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Helpers--Extraction Workers
- Helpers--Pipelayers, Plumbers, Pipefitters, & Steamfitters
- Helpers--Production Workers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about helpers--installation, maintenance, and repair workers.