Helpers--Installation, Maintenance, & Repair Workers
Also called: Building Equipment Operator (BEO), Helper, Maintenance Mechanic, Maintenance Technician
In the Air Force: Aerospace Propulsion; Aerospace Propulsion Superintendent; Airlift/Special Mission Aircraft Maintenance Apprentice, C-130/C-27J; Electrical Power Production Helper; Helicopter/Tiltrotor Aircraft Maintenance Helper, CV-22; Missile And Space Systems Maintenance Journeyman; Nondestructive Inspection; Refuel/Bomber Aircraft Maintenance Apprentice, Any C-135/E-3/E-8; Refuel/Bomber Aircraft Maintenance Journeyman, KC-46; Tactical Aircraft Maintenance (5th Generation) Journeyman, F-35
In the Army: Aircraft Pneudraulics Repairer; Aircraft Powertrain Repairer; BRADLEY Fighting Vehicle System Maintainer; M1 Abrams Tank System Maintainer; Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer; STRYKER Systems Maintainer; Satellite Communications Systems Operator-Maintainer; Small Arms/Towed Artillery Repairer; Tracked Vehicle Repairer; Utilities Equipment Repairer
In the Coast Guard: Aviation Maintenance Technician; Aviation Survival Technician; Avionics Electrical Technician; Boatswain's Mate; Damage Controlman; Electrician's Mate; Electronics Technician; Gunner's Mate; Machinery Technician
In the Marine Corps: Air Traffic Control Communications Technician; Aircraft Avionics Technician, AV-8B; Aircraft Electrical Systems Technician, KC-130; Aircraft Ordnance Technician; Aviation Communication Systems Technician; Aviation Radar Repairer; Field Artillery Radar Operator; Heavy Ordnance Vehicle Repairer/Technician; Motor Vehicle Operator; Support Equipment Electrician/Refrigeration and Engine/Gas Turbine Technician; Transmissions System Operator
In the Navy: Aviation Electrician's Mate; Aviation Ordnanceman; Boatswain's Mate; Electrician's Mate; Engineman; Fire Controlman; Gas Turbine System Technician (Electrical); Gunner's Mate; Hull Maintenance Technician; Machinists Mate, Non-Nuclear, Submarine Auxiliary; Machinists Mate, Nuclear Power
- Transfer tools, parts, equipment, and supplies to and from work stations and other areas.
- Disassemble broken or defective equipment to facilitate repair and reassemble equipment when repairs are complete.
- Install or replace machinery, equipment, and new or replacement parts and instruments, using hand or power tools.
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- HVAC tools software