Helpers--Installation, Maintenance, & Repair Workers
Also called: Maintenance Aide, Maintenance Helper, Mechanic Helper, Technician's Helper
In the Air Force: Aerospace Propulsion; Aerospace Propulsion Superintendent; Airlift/Special Mission Aircraft Maintenance Apprentice, C-130/C-27J; Electrical Power Production Helper; Helicopter/Tiltrotor Aircraft Maintenance Helper, CV-22; Missile And Space Systems Maintenance Journeyman; Nondestructive Inspection; Refuel/Bomber Aircraft Maintenance Apprentice, Any C-135/E-3/E-8; Refuel/Bomber Aircraft Maintenance Journeyman, KC-46; Tactical Aircraft Maintenance (5th Generation) Journeyman, F-35
In the Army: Aircraft Pneudraulics Repairer; Aircraft Powertrain Repairer; BRADLEY Fighting Vehicle System Maintainer; M1 Abrams Tank System Maintainer; Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer; STRYKER Systems Maintainer; Satellite Communications Systems Operator-Maintainer; Small Arms/Towed Artillery Repairer; Tracked Vehicle Repairer; Utilities Equipment Repairer
In the Coast Guard: Aviation Maintenance Technician; Aviation Survival Technician; Avionics Electrical Technician; Boatswain's Mate; Damage Controlman; Electrician's Mate; Electronics Technician; Gunner's Mate; Machinery Technician
In the Marine Corps: Air Traffic Control Communications Technician; Aircraft Avionics Technician, AV-8B; Aircraft Electrical Systems Technician, KC-130; Aircraft Ordnance Technician; Aviation Communication Systems Technician; Aviation Radar Repairer; Field Artillery Radar Operator; Heavy Ordnance Vehicle Repairer/Technician; Motor Vehicle Operator; Support Equipment Electrician/Refrigeration and Engine/Gas Turbine Technician; Transmissions System Operator
In the Navy: Aviation Electrician's Mate; Aviation Ordnanceman; Boatswain's Mate; Electrician's Mate; Engineman; Fire Controlman; Gas Turbine System Technician (Electrical); Gunner's Mate; Hull Maintenance Technician; Machinists Mate, Non-Nuclear, Submarine Auxiliary; Machinists Mate, Nuclear Power
- Install or replace machinery, equipment, and new or replacement parts and instruments, using hand or power tools.
- Examine and test machinery, equipment, components, and parts for defects to ensure proper functioning.
- Tend and observe equipment and machinery to verify efficient and safe operation.
- building and construction
- customer service
- English language
- public safety and security
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
- HVAC tools software