Drilling & Boring Machine Tool Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
CNC Machinist (Computer Numerical Control Machinist), Drill Operator, Drill Setup Operator, Machine Operator
Select a military branch to see samples. No similar titles were found.
Allied Trades Specialist; Allied Trades Warrant Officer
Machinery Technician; Marine Safety Specialist Engineer; Naval Engineering Specialty
Advanced Machinery Repairman; Machinery Repairman; Machinery Repairman Apprentice; Machinery Repairman JourneymanNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Set up, operate, or tend drilling machines to drill, bore, ream, mill, or countersink metal or plastic work pieces.
On the job, you would:
- Verify conformance of machined work to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, micrometers, or fixed or telescoping gauges.
- Study machining instructions, job orders, or blueprints to determine dimensional or finish specifications, sequences of operations, setups, or tooling requirements.
- Move machine controls to lower tools to workpieces and to engage automatic feeds.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- SAP software
Office suite software
- Microsoft Office software
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, & Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Lathe & Turning Machine Tool Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Milling & Planing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Tool Grinders, Filers, & Sharpeners
- Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about drilling and boring machine tool setters, operators, and tenders, metal and plastic.