Plating & Coating Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
Anodizer, Chrome Plater, Electro Plater, Plater
see titles from the Air Force, Marine Corps, or Navy.
Aircraft Structural Maintenance; Aircraft Structural Maintenance Apprentice; Aircraft Structural Maintenance Craftsman; Aircraft Structural Maintenance Helper; Aircraft Structural Maintenance Journeyman; Low Observable Aircraft Structural Maintenance; Low Observable Aircraft Structural Maintenance Apprentice; Low Observable Aircraft Structural Maintenance Craftsman; Low Observable Aircraft Structural Maintenance Helper; Low Observable Aircraft Structural Maintenance Journeyman
What they do:
Set up, operate, or tend plating or coating machines to coat metal or plastic products with chromium, zinc, copper, cadmium, nickel, or other metal to protect or decorate surfaces. Includes electrolytic processes.
On the job, you would:
- Immerse workpieces in coating solutions or liquid metal or plastic for specified times.
- Adjust dials to regulate flow of current and voltage supplied to terminals to control plating processes.
- Inspect coated or plated areas for defects, such as air bubbles or uneven coverage.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
Engineering and Technology
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Oracle Advanced Procurement
no high school diploma/GED or
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
- Cutting, Punching, & Press Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Machine Feeders & Offbearers
- Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Wood
- Welders, Cutters, & Welder Fitters
- Welding, Soldering, & Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries: