Stockers & Order Fillers
Checker Stocker, Order Filler, Stock Clerk, Stocker
Select a military branch to see samples.
Air Transportation; Aircraft Loadmaster Apprentice, C-146; Aircraft Loadmaster Craftsman; Aircraft Loadmaster Craftsman, MC-130H; Aircraft Loadmaster Journeyman, CAA; Aircrew Flight Equipment Apprentice; Fuels Superintendent; In-Flight Refueling Specialist Journeyman; Materiel Management Manager; Munitions Systems Craftsman
Ammunition Specialist; Ammunition Stock Control and Accounting Specialist; Ammunition Warrant Officer; Automated Logistical Specialist; Cavalry Scout; Food Service Technician; M1 Armor Crewman; Petroleum Supply Specialist; Property Accounting Technician; Supply Systems Technician
Gunner's Mate; Storekeeper
Aircraft Ordnance Technician; Ammunition Technician; Aviation Ordnance Systems Technician; Aviation Support Equipment Asset Manager; Basic Supply Administration and Operations Marine; Combat Engineer; Distribution Management Specialist; Landing Support Specialist; Logistics/Mobility Chief; Ordnance Quality Assurance/Safety Observer
Ammunition Logistics Manager; Contract Specialist; Conversion NEC LSS Logistics Specialist (Submarines); Expeditionary Logistics Specialist; Logistics Manager; Logistics Specialist (Submarine); Reserve Independent Duty Ashore Logistics Specialist; Retail Services Specialist; Stores Officer; Submarine Logistics Manager
Materiel Management; Materiel Management Journeyman; Medical Materiel; Medical Materiel Apprentice; Medical Materiel Craftsman; Medical Materiel Helper; Medical Materiel Journeyman
What they do:Receive, store, and issue merchandise, materials, equipment, and other items from stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard to fill shelves, racks, tables, or customers' orders. May operate power equipment to fill orders. May mark prices on merchandise and set up sales displays.
On the job, you would:
- Complete order receipts.
- Answer customers' questions about merchandise and advise customers on merchandise selection.
- Issue or distribute materials, products, parts, and supplies to customers or coworkers, based on information from incoming requisitions.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- looking for ways to help people
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- SAP software
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Inventory management software
- Inventory tracking software
- Ordering software
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Counter & Rental Clerks
- Laborers & Freight, Stock, & Material Movers, Hand
- Production, Planning, & Expediting Clerks
- Shipping, Receiving, & Inventory Clerks
- Weighers, Measurers, Checkers, & Samplers, Recordkeeping
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about stockers and order fillers.