Refuse & Recyclable Material Collectors
Garbage Man, Roll Off Truck Driver, Sanitation Laborer, Trash Collector
- Inspect trucks prior to beginning routes to ensure safe operating condition.
- Drive trucks, following established routes, through residential streets or alleys or through business or industrial areas.
- Refuel trucks or add other fluids, such as oil or brake fluid.
Engineering and Technology
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Dossier software
- Mileage logging software
Mobile location based services software
- Global positioning system GPS software
Facilities management software
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
Get started on your career: