District Sales Manager, Sales Director, Sales Manager, Sales Vice President (Sales VP)
What they do:Plan, direct, or coordinate the actual distribution or movement of a product or service to the customer. Coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals and establish training programs for sales representatives. Analyze sales statistics gathered by staff to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and monitor the preferences of customers.
On the job, you would:
- Direct and coordinate activities involving sales of manufactured products, services, commodities, real estate, or other subjects of sale.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Review operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
- sales and marketing
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- talking people into changing their minds or their behavior
- bringing people together to solve differences
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- come up with lots of ideas
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Dynamics
- SAP software
Data base user interface and query software
- Yardi software
Customer relationship management CRM software
- Eden Sales Manager
- Salesforce software
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Advertising & Promotions Managers
- Market Research Analysts & Marketing Specialists
- Marketing Managers
- Purchasing Managers
- Sales Representatives of Services
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about sales managers.