Investment Fund Managers
Fixed Income Portfolio Manager, Fixed Income Vice President (Fixed Income VP), Investment Analysis Vice President (Investment Analysis VP), Portfolio Manager
What they do:Plan, direct, or coordinate investment strategy or operations for a large pool of liquid assets supplied by institutional investors or individual investors.
On the job, you would:
- Manage investment funds to maximize return on client investments.
- Select specific investments or investment mixes for purchase by an investment fund.
- Monitor financial or operational performance of individual investments to ensure portfolios meet risk goals.
- accounting and economics
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Safety and Government
- law and government
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- see hidden patterns
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- Statistical analysis software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Financial analysis software
- Oracle Hyperion Planning
- SunGard Financial Systems AddVantage
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
master's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Financial & Investment Analysts
- Financial Managers
- Financial Risk Specialists
- Personal Financial Advisors
- Securities, Commodities, & Financial Services Sales Agents
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about investment fund managers.