Financial & Investment Analysts
Analyst, Financial Analyst, Investment Analyst, Securities Analyst
What they do:Conduct quantitative analyses of information involving investment programs or financial data of public or private institutions, including valuation of businesses.
On the job, you would:
- Advise clients on aspects of capitalization, such as amounts, sources, or timing.
- Analyze financial or operational performance of companies facing financial difficulties to identify or recommend remedies.
- Assess companies as investments for clients by examining company facilities.
Knowledge information for this career will be available soon.
Skills information for this career will be available soon.
Abilities information for this career will be available soon.
Information for this career will be available soon.
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- IBM SPSS Statistics
- The MathWorks MATLAB
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Financial analysis software
- Oracle E-Business Suite Financials
- Oracle Hyperion Financial Management
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Credit Analysts
- Financial Risk Specialists
- Investment Fund Managers
- Personal Financial Advisors
- Securities, Commodities, & Financial Services Sales Agents
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about financial and investment analysts.