Financial Risk Specialists
Analyst, Risk Analyst, Risk Specialist, Securities Analyst
What they do:Analyze and measure exposure to credit and market risk threatening the assets, earning capacity, or economic state of an organization. May make recommendations to limit risk.
On the job, you would:
- Analyze areas of potential risk to the assets, earning capacity, or success of organizations.
- Analyze new legislation to determine impact on risk exposure.
- Conduct statistical analyses to quantify risk, using statistical analysis software or econometric models.
Knowledge information for this career will be available soon.
Skills information for this career will be available soon.
Abilities information for this career will be available soon.
Information for this career will be available soon.
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- IBM SPSS Statistics
- The MathWorks MATLAB
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Financial analysis software
- Oracle E-Business Suite Financials
- Wolfram Research Mathematica UnRisk Pricing Engine
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Financial & Investment Analysts
- Financial Quantitative Analysts
- Investment Fund Managers
- Personal Financial Advisors
- Securities, Commodities, & Financial Services Sales Agents
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about financial risk specialists.