Industrial Production Managers
Assembly Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Plant Manager, Production Manager
What they do:Plan, direct, or coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications.
On the job, you would:
- Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
- Direct or coordinate production, processing, distribution, or marketing activities of industrial organizations.
- Review processing schedules or production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- customer service
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- talking to others
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Oracle PeopleSoft
- SAP software
Video creation and editing software
- Adobe Systems Adobe After Effects
Industrial control software
- Schneider Electric CitectSCADA
- Supervisory control and data acquisition SCADA software
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Biofuels Production Managers
- Biomass Power Plant Managers
- General & Operations Managers
- Quality Control Systems Managers
- Supply Chain Managers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about industrial production managers.