Postmasters & Mail Superintendents
Distribution Operation Supervisor (SDO), Distribution Operations Manager, Postmaster, Remote Encoding Center Manager
What they do:Plan, direct, or coordinate operational, administrative, management, and support services of a U.S. post office; or coordinate activities of workers engaged in postal and related work in assigned post office.
On the job, you would:
- Monitor employees' work schedules and attendance for payroll purposes.
- Organize and supervise activities, such as the processing of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- customer service
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- law and government
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- understanding people's reactions
- managing your time and the time of other people
- selecting and managing the best workers for a job
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Data base user interface and query software
- Collection Point Management System CPMS
- Web Box Activity Tracing System WebBATS
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Administrative Services Managers
- First-Line Supervisors of Office & Administrative Support Workers
- Postal Service Clerks
- Transportation, Storage, & Distribution Managers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about postmasters and mail superintendents.