Driver License Examiner, License Examiner, Motor Vehicle Clerk, Public Service Representative (PSR)
What they do:Examine, evaluate, and investigate eligibility for or conformity with laws and regulations governing contract compliance of licenses and permits, and perform other compliance and enforcement inspection and analysis activities not classified elsewhere.
On the job, you would:
- Warn violators of infractions or penalties.
- Evaluate applications, records, or documents to gather information about eligibility or liability issues.
- Advise licensees or other individuals or groups concerning licensing, permit, or passport regulations.
Safety and Government
- law and government
- public safety and security
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
Hearing and Speech
- speak clearly
- recognize spoken words
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Database software
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Claims Adjusters, Examiners, & Investigators
- Compliance Managers
- Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs
- Environmental Compliance Inspectors
- Government Property Inspectors & Investigators
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about compliance officers.