Also called: Business Analyst, Management Analyst, Management Consultant, Principal Consultant
What they do:Conduct organizational studies and evaluations, design systems and procedures, conduct work simplification and measurement studies, and prepare operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively. Includes program analysts and management consultants.
On the job, you would:
- Document findings of study and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes.
- Interview personnel and conduct on-site observation to ascertain unit functions, work performed, and methods, equipment, and personnel used.
- Analyze data gathered and develop solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
People and Technology Systems
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base management system software
Data base user interface and query software
- Administrative Law Judges, Adjudicators, & Hearing Officers
- Clinical Research Coordinators
- Education Administrators, Postsecondary
- Financial Analysts
- Industrial-Organizational Psychologists
You might like a career in one of these industries: