Business Continuity Planners
Business Continuity Administrator, Business Continuity Analyst, Business Continuity Consultant, Business Continuity Coordinator
What they do:Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
On the job, you would:
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets, such as data centers.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- talking to others
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- see hidden patterns
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Compliance Managers
- Emergency Management Directors
- Information Security Engineers
- Information Technology Project Managers
- Project Management Specialists
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about business continuity planners.