Bank Examiner, Compliance Officer, Credit Union Examiner, Examining Officer
What they do:Enforce or ensure compliance with laws and regulations governing financial and securities institutions and financial and real estate transactions. May examine, verify, or authenticate records.
On the job, you would:
- Direct and participate in formal and informal meetings with bank directors, trustees, senior management, counsels, outside accountants, and consultants to gather information and discuss findings.
- Recommend actions to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, or to protect solvency of institutions.
- Prepare reports, exhibits, and other supporting schedules that detail an institution's safety and soundness, compliance with laws and regulations, and recommended solutions to questionable financial conditions.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- accounting and economics
Safety and Government
- law and government
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- see hidden patterns
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Microsoft Access
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Financial analysis software
- General Examination System GENESYS
- PricewaterhouseCoopers TeamMate
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Accountants & Auditors
- Compliance Managers
- Credit Analysts
- Financial Managers
- Treasurers & Controllers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about financial examiners.