Commercial Loan Officer, Financial Aid Counselor, Loan Counselor, Loan Officer
What they do:Evaluate, authorize, or recommend approval of commercial, real estate, or credit loans. Advise borrowers on financial status and payment methods. Includes mortgage loan officers and agents, collection analysts, loan servicing officers, loan underwriters, and payday loan officers.
On the job, you would:
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management for approval.
- customer service
- accounting and economics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Safety and Government
- law and government
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- FileMaker Pro
- Microsoft Access
Video conferencing software
Financial analysis software
- Delphi Discovery
- White Clarke North America Credit Adjudication and Lending Management
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Credit Analysts
- Credit Authorizers, Checkers, & Clerks
- Credit Counselors
- Loan Interviewers & Clerks
- Personal Financial Advisors
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about loan officers.