Risk Management Specialists
Chief Risk Officer, Credit Risk Management Director, Risk Management Director, Risk Manager
What they do:
Analyze and manage risk management issues by identifying, measuring, and making decisions on operational or enterprise risks for an organization.
On the job, you would:
- Document, and ensure communication of, key risks.
- Maintain input or data quality of risk management systems.
- Recommend ways to control or reduce risk.
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- accounting and economics
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
Object or component oriented development software
- Practical extraction and reporting language Perl
Project management software
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft SharePoint