Database Analyst, Database Architect, Database Developer, Information Technology Architect (IT Architect)
What they do:Design strategies for enterprise databases, data warehouse systems, and multidimensional networks. Set standards for database operations, programming, query processes, and security. Model, design, and construct large relational databases or data warehouses. Create and optimize data models for warehouse infrastructure and workflow. Integrate new systems with existing warehouse structure and refine system performance and functionality.
On the job, you would:
- Design databases to support business applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance, and reliability.
- Develop database architectural strategies at the modeling, design and implementation stages to address business or industry requirements.
- Collaborate with system architects, software architects, design analysts, and others to understand business or industry requirements.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base management system software
- Amazon DynamoDB
Data base user interface and query software
- Apache Hive
- Blackboard software
Web platform development software
- Spring Framework
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
- Data Warehousing Specialists
- Database Administrators
- Software Developers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about database architects.