Digital Forensics Analysts
What they do:Conduct investigations on computer-based crimes establishing documentary or physical evidence, such as digital media and logs associated with cyber intrusion incidents. Analyze digital evidence and investigate computer security incidents to derive information in support of system and network vulnerability mitigation. Preserve and present computer-related evidence in support of criminal, fraud, counterintelligence, or law enforcement investigations.
On the job, you would:
- Adhere to legal policies and procedures related to handling digital media.
- Analyze log files or other digital information to identify the perpetrators of network intrusions.
- Conduct predictive or reactive analyses on security measures to support cyber security initiatives.
Knowledge information for this career will be available soon.
Skills information for this career will be available soon.
Abilities information for this career will be available soon.
Information for this career will be available soon.
You might use software like this on the job:
Operating system software
- Apple iOS
Cloud-based data access and sharing software
- Platform as a service PaaS
Object or component oriented development software
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Desktop Publishers
- Document Management Specialists
- Information Security Analysts
- Information Security Engineers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about digital forensics analysts.