Wind Energy Engineers
Also called: Project Designer, Transmission and Distribution Engineering; Project Engineer; Senior Engineer/Practice Leader-Land Development and Engineering; Senior Wind Energy Consultant
- Create or maintain wind farm layouts, schematics, or other visual documentation for wind farms.
- Recommend process or infrastructure changes to improve wind turbine performance, reduce operational costs, or comply with regulations.
- Create models to optimize the layout of wind farm access roads, crane pads, crane paths, collection systems, substations, switchyards, or transmission lines.
- product and service development
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- English language
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by speaking
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job: