Quality Control Analysts
Also called: Lab Tech, Lab Technician, Quality Assurance Technician, Quality Control Technician
What they do:Conduct tests to determine quality of raw materials, bulk intermediate and finished products. May conduct stability sample tests.
On the job, you would:
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in-process materials, raw materials, environmental samples, finished goods, or stability samples.
- Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data for release.
- Perform visual inspections of finished products.
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
- see hidden patterns
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Program testing software
Analytical or scientific software
Data base user interface and query software