Child, Family, & School Social Workers
Case Manager, Family Protection Specialist, Family Service Worker, School Social Worker
- Maintain case history records and prepare reports.
- Interview clients individually, in families, or in groups, assessing their situations, capabilities, and problems to determine what services are required to meet their needs.
- Serve as liaisons between students, homes, schools, family services, child guidance clinics, courts, protective services, doctors, and other contacts to help children who face problems, such as disabilities, abuse, or poverty.
- customer service
- administrative services
- therapy and counseling
Math and Science
- sociology and anthropology
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Microsoft Access
- Student information systems SIS software
Computer based training software
- Microsoft Excel
Get started on your career: