Minister, Pastor, Priest, Rector
What they do:Conduct religious worship and perform other spiritual functions associated with beliefs and practices of religious faith or denomination. Provide spiritual and moral guidance and assistance to members.
On the job, you would:
- Pray and promote spirituality.
- Prepare and deliver sermons or other talks.
- Read from sacred texts, such as the Bible, Torah, or Koran.
Arts and Humanities
- philosophy and religion
- English language
- customer service
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- therapy and counseling
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Instant messaging software
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
master's degree or
Get started on your career:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about clergy.