Paralegals & Legal Assistants
Also called: Law Clerk, Legal Assistant, Legal Clerk, Paralegal
What they do:Assist lawyers by investigating facts, preparing legal documents, or researching legal precedent. Conduct research to support a legal proceeding, to formulate a defense, or to initiate legal action.
On the job, you would:
- Prepare affidavits or other documents, such as legal correspondence, and organize and maintain documents in paper or electronic filing system.
- Prepare for trial by performing tasks such as organizing exhibits.
- Prepare legal documents, including briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills, contracts, and real estate closing statements.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Safety and Government
- law and government
- administrative services
- customer service
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- order or arrange things
- group things in different ways
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Document management software
Information retrieval or search software
Data base user interface and query software
Examples of Registered Apprenticeship programs include: