Nursing Instructors & Teachers, Postsecondary
Assistant Professor, Nursing Instructor, Nursing Professor, Professor
What they do:Demonstrate and teach patient care in classroom and clinical units to nursing students. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, laboratory and clinic work, assignments, and papers.
- Supervise students' laboratory and clinical work.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- medicine and dentistry
- therapy and counseling
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- talking to others
- using the best training or teaching strategies for learning new things
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- teaching people how to do something
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Computer based training software
- Common Curriculum
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
master's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Health Education Specialists
- Health Informatics Specialists
- Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary
- Registered Nurses
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about nursing instructors and teachers, postsecondary.