Nursing Instructors & Teachers, Postsecondary
Also called: Instructor, Nursing Instructor, Nursing Professor, Professor
What they do:Demonstrate and teach patient care in classroom and clinical units to nursing students. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Supervise students' laboratory and clinical work.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, laboratory and clinic work, assignments, and papers.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- philisophy and religion
- medicine and dentistry
- therapy and counseling
Math and Science
- talking to others
- figuring out how to use new ideas or things
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- teaching people how to do something
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer based training software
- Blackboard Learn
- Learning management system LMS
Word processing software
Electronic mail software
- Career/Technical Education Teachers, Middle School
- Career/Technical Education Teachers, Secondary School
- Elementary School Teachers
- Special Education Teachers, Secondary School
- Speech-Language Pathologists
You might like a career in one of these industries: