Education Teachers, Postsecondary
Also called: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Education Professor, Professor
What they do:Teach courses pertaining to education, such as counseling, curriculum, guidance, instruction, teacher education, and teaching English as a second language. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Supervise students' fieldwork, internship, and research work.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- sociology and anthropology
- customer service
- talking to others
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- teaching people how to do something
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer based training software
- Blackboard Learn
- Learning management system LMS
Word processing software
- Collaborative editing software
- Editing software
Electronic mail software