Education Teachers, Postsecondary
Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Education Professor, Professor
What they do:Teach courses pertaining to education, such as counseling, curriculum, guidance, instruction, teacher education, and teaching English as a second language. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Prepare course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge and publish findings in professional journals, books, or electronic media.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- philosophy and religion
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- sociology and anthropology
- talking to others
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- teaching people how to do something
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Computer based training software
- Learning management system LMS
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Adult Basic Education, Adult Secondary Education, & English as a Second Language Instructors
- Instructional Coordinators
- Library Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- Psychology Teachers, Postsecondary
- Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about education teachers, postsecondary.