Criminal Justice & Law Enforcement Teachers, Postsecondary
Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Criminal Justice Professor, Professor
What they do:Teach courses in criminal justice, corrections, and law enforcement administration. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as criminal law, defensive policing, and investigation techniques.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Safety and Government
- law and government
- public safety and security
- customer service
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Computer based training software
- Distance learning software
- Learning management system LMS
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
master's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Education Teachers, Postsecondary
- Law Teachers, Postsecondary
- Political Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- Social Work Teachers, Postsecondary
- Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about criminal justice and law enforcement teachers, postsecondary.