Self-Enrichment Education Teachers
Also called: Ballet Teacher, Dance Instructor, Martial Arts Instructor, Piano Teacher
What they do:Teach or instruct courses other than those that normally lead to an occupational objective or degree. Courses may include self-improvement, nonvocational, and nonacademic subjects. Teaching may or may not take place in a traditional educational institution.
On the job, you would:
- Monitor students' performance to make suggestions for improvement and to ensure that they satisfy course standards, training requirements, and objectives.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods, such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- Enforce policies and rules governing students.
- customer service
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- teaching people how to do something
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Graphics or photo imaging software
Internet browser software
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Web browser software
Data base user interface and query software