Self-Enrichment Education Teachers
Also called: Dance Instructor, Instructor, Martial Arts Instructor, Teacher
What they do:Teach or instruct courses other than those that normally lead to an occupational objective or degree. Courses may include self-improvement, nonvocational, and nonacademic subjects. Teaching may or may not take place in a traditional educational institution.
On the job, you would:
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods, such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Prepare students for further development by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- order or arrange things
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Graphics or photo imaging software
Internet browser software
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Web browser software
Data base user interface and query software