Merchandise Displayers & Window Trimmers
Also called: Display Associate, Merchandiser, Visual Manager, Visual Merchandiser (VM)
What they do:Plan and erect commercial displays, such as those in windows and interiors of retail stores and at trade exhibitions.
On the job, you would:
- Plan commercial displays to entice and appeal to customers.
- Arrange properties, furniture, merchandise, backdrops, or other accessories, as shown in prepared sketches.
- Change or rotate window displays, interior display areas, or signage to reflect changes in inventory or promotion.
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- put together small parts with your fingers
Ideas and Logic
- come up with lots of ideas
- create new and original ideas
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include creating, designing, and making your own rules.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Graphics or photo imaging software
Electronic mail software
Word processing software