Also called: News Producer, Producer, Promotions Producer, Television News Producer
What they do:Plan and coordinate various aspects of radio, television, stage, or motion picture production, such as selecting script, coordinating writing, directing and editing, and arranging financing.
On the job, you would:
- Write and edit news stories from information collected by reporters and other sources.
- Coordinate the activities of writers, directors, managers, and other personnel throughout the production process.
- Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other informational sources.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- managing your time and the time of other people
- selecting and managing the best workers for a job
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Video creation and editing software
Web page creation and editing software
Web platform development software