Art Director, Creative Director, Group Art Supervisor, Production Manager
What they do:Formulate design concepts and presentation approaches for visual productions and media, such as print, broadcasting, video, and film. Direct workers engaged in artwork or layout design.
On the job, you would:
- Formulate basic layout design or presentation approach and specify material details, such as style and size of type, photographs, graphics, animation, video, and sound.
- Manage own accounts and projects, working within budget and scheduling requirements.
- Confer with creative, art, copywriting, or production department heads to discuss client requirements and presentation concepts and to coordinate creative activities.
- sales and marketing
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- music, dance, visual arts, drama, or sculpture
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- come up with lots of ideas
- create new and original ideas
People interested in this work like activities that include creating, designing, and making your own rules.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Web platform development software
- Cascading style sheets CSS
Video creation and editing software
- Adobe Systems Adobe After Effects
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Creative Cloud software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Graphic Designers
- Producers & Directors
- Project Management Specialists
- Public Relations Specialists
- Special Effects Artists & Animators
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about art directors.