News Analysts, Reporters, & Journalists
Anchor, News Anchor, News Reporter, Reporter
- Write commentaries, columns, or scripts, using computers.
- Coordinate and serve as an anchor on news broadcast programs.
- Examine news items of local, national, and international significance to determine topics to address, or obtain assignments from editorial staff members.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Safety and Government
- law and government
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- understanding people's reactions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- create new and original ideas
People interested in this work like activities that include creating, designing, and making your own rules.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Video creation and editing software
- Adobe After Effects
Data base user interface and query software
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft SQL Server
Web page creation and editing software
Get started on your career: