Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS), Recreation Therapist, Recreational Therapist, Rehabilitation Therapist
- Instruct patient in activities and techniques, such as sports, dance, music, art, or relaxation techniques, designed to meet their specific physical or psychological needs.
- Conduct therapy sessions to improve patients' mental and physical well-being.
- Plan, organize, direct, and participate in treatment programs and activities to facilitate patients' rehabilitation, help them integrate into the community, and prevent further medical problems.
Math and Science
- sociology and anthropology
- therapy and counseling
- medicine and dentistry
- customer service
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- looking for ways to help people
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- do two or more things at the same time
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Music or sound editing software
- Avid Technology Sibelius
- Steinberg Cubase Pro
Get started on your career: