Occupational Therapy Aides
Occupational Therapy Aide (OT Aide), Rehabilitation Aide (Rehab Aide), Rehabilitation Services Aide, Restorative Aide
What they do:Under close supervision of an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant, perform only delegated, selected, or routine tasks in specific situations. These duties include preparing patient and treatment room.
On the job, you would:
- Encourage patients and attend to their physical needs to facilitate the attainment of therapeutic goals.
- Report to supervisors or therapists, verbally or in writing, on patients' progress, attitudes, attendance, and accomplishments.
- Observe patients' attendance, progress, attitudes, and accomplishments and record and maintain information in client records.
- therapy and counseling
- medicine and dentistry
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
- administrative services
Math and Science
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Electronic medical record EMR software
- MEDITECH software
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Physical Therapist Aides
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Psychiatric Technicians
- Rehabilitation Counselors
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about occupational therapy aides.