Physical Therapist Aides
Physical Therapist Aide (PTA), Physical Therapy Aide (PTA), Rehabilitation Aide, Restorative Aide (RA)
What they do:Under close supervision of a physical therapist or physical therapy assistant, perform only delegated, selected, or routine tasks in specific situations. These duties include preparing the patient and the treatment area.
On the job, you would:
- Clean and organize work area and disinfect equipment after treatment.
- Instruct, motivate, safeguard, or assist patients practicing exercises or functional activities, under direction of medical staff.
- Record treatment given and equipment used.
- customer service
- administrative services
- therapy and counseling
- medicine and dentistry
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- understanding people's reactions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- put together small parts with your fingers
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Epic Systems
- MEDITECH software
- Microsoft Excel
Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Occupational Therapy Aides
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Psychiatric Aides
- Psychiatric Technicians
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about physical therapist aides.