Medical Doctor (MD), Obstetrical Anesthesiologist, Staff Anesthesiologist, Staff Anesthetist
What they do:Administer anesthetics and analgesics for pain management prior to, during, or after surgery.
On the job, you would:
- Monitor patient before, during, and after anesthesia and counteract adverse reactions or complications.
- Record type and amount of anesthesia and patient condition throughout procedure.
- Provide and maintain life support and airway management and help prepare patients for emergency surgery.
- medicine and dentistry
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
- see hidden patterns
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Medical calculator software
- MEDITECH software
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
post-doctoral training or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Nurse Anesthetists
- Orthopedic Surgeons
- Pediatric Surgeons
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about anesthesiologists.