What they do:Generate radiation treatment plans, develop radiation dose calculations, communicate and supervise the treatment plan implementation, and consult with members of radiation oncology team.
On the job, you would:
- Advise oncology team members on use of beam modifying or immobilization devices in radiation treatment plans.
- Calculate, or verify calculations of, prescribed radiation doses.
- Calculate the delivery of radiation treatment, such as the amount or extent of radiation per session, based on the prescribed course of radiation therapy.
Knowledge information for this career will be available soon.
Skills information for this career will be available soon.
Abilities information for this career will be available soon.
Information for this career will be available soon.
You might use software like this on the job:
- Medical condition coding software
- MEDITECH software
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Cardiovascular Technologists & Technicians
- Nuclear Medicine Technologists
- Nuclear Monitoring Technicians
- Radiation Therapists
- Radiologic Technologists & Technicians
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about medical dosimetrists.