Personal Care Aides
Caregiver, Home Care Aide, Personal Care Aide, Personal Care Attendant (PCA)
- Prepare and maintain records of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to manager or supervisor.
- Administer bedside or personal care, such as ambulation or personal hygiene assistance.
- Perform healthcare-related tasks, such as monitoring vital signs and medication, under the direction of registered nurses or physiotherapists.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Voltage SecureMail
Computer based training software
- MEDITECH software
Get started on your career: