Bailiff, Court Bailiff, Court Officer, Court Security Officer
- Screen persons entering courthouse using magnetometers, x-ray machines, and other devices to collect and retain unauthorized firearms and other contraband.
- Escort prisoners to and from courthouse and maintain custody of prisoners during court proceedings.
- Maintain order in courtroom during trial and guard jury from outside contact.
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- law and government
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
Math and Science
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- talking to others
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Microsoft Access
- National Crime Information Center (NCIC) database
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
Get started on your career: