Also called: Bar Manager, Barista, Catering Barista, Sales Associate
What they do:Prepare or serve specialty coffee or other beverages. Serve food such as baked goods or sandwiches to patrons.
On the job, you would:
- Receive and process customer payments.
- Prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas.
- Take customer orders and convey them to other employees for preparation.
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- put together small parts with your fingers
- do two or more things at the same time
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Office suite software
- Microsoft Office
Word processing software