Maids & Housekeeping Cleaners
Also called: Environmental Services Worker, Housekeeper, Housekeeping, Housekeeping Aide
What they do:Perform any combination of light cleaning duties to maintain private households or commercial establishments, such as hotels and hospitals, in a clean and orderly manner. Duties may include making beds, replenishing linens, cleaning rooms and halls, and vacuuming.
On the job, you would:
- Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts.
- Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms, and other work areas so that health standards are met.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- looking for ways to help people
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
- listen and understand what people say
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Stress Tolerance
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Email software
Facilities management software
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS