First-Line Supervisors of Gambling Services Workers
Casino Shift Manager (CSM), Floor Supervisor, Slot Supervisor, Table Games Supervisor
What they do:Directly supervise and coordinate activities of workers in assigned gambling areas. May circulate among tables, observe operations, and ensure that stations and games are covered for each shift. May verify and pay off jackpots. May reset slot machines after payoffs and make repairs or adjustments to slot machines or recommend removal of slot machines for repair. May plan and organize activities and services for guests in hotels/casinos.
On the job, you would:
- Monitor game operations to ensure that house rules are followed, that tribal, state, and federal regulations are adhered to, and that employees provide prompt and courteous service.
- Observe gamblers' behavior for signs of cheating, such as marking, switching, or counting cards, and notify security staff of suspected cheating.
- Perform paperwork required for monetary transactions.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
- pay attention to something without being distracted
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Office suite software
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Office software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Gambling & Sports Book Writers & Runners
- Gambling Cage Workers
- Gambling Change Persons & Booth Cashiers
- Gambling Dealers
- Gambling Managers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about first-line supervisors of gambling services workers.