First-Line Supervisors of Entertainment & Recreation Workers
Also called: Caddymaster, Community Life Director, Hair Salon Manager, Recreation Coordinator
Produced by CareerOneStop
Video transcript: skip transcript
Providing personal service to clients is a mission carried out by personnel from tour guides and caddies to hair dressers and spa staff. Their supervisors create an atmosphere of quality service and provide workers with guidance and training. Personal service worker supervisors shape service delivery starting by selecting their team and training them on company policies and operating procedures. They assign work schedules and ensure workers’ customer skills and job performance meet company expectations. Being an effective listener attuned to a customer’s experience is an essential skill. When customers take issue with an aspect of service, supervisors resolve the complaints, and, if necessary, take disciplinary action with employees. Personal service worker supervisors meet with managers for updates on policy changes, and may collaborate with colleagues and employees to develop events, new menus, or service programs. Some supervisors also sell services or products. Most supervisor positions require previous experience in the field, along with training in vocational schools, or an associate's degree.
What they do:Directly supervise and coordinate activities of entertainment and recreation related workers.
On the job, you would:
- Analyze and record personnel or operational data and write related activity reports.
- Apply customer feedback to service improvement efforts.
- Assign work schedules, following work requirements, to ensure quality and timely delivery of service.
Knowledge information for this career will be available soon.
Skills information for this career will be available soon.
Abilities information for this career will be available soon.
Information for this career will be available soon.
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- First-Line Supervisors of Housekeeping & Janitorial Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Mechanics, Installers, & Repairers
- First-Line Supervisors of Non-Retail Sales Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Office & Administrative Support Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers
You might like a career in one of these industries: