First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers
Also called: Direct Care Supervisor, Hair Salon Manager, Recreation Coordinator, Salon Manager
What they do:Directly supervise and coordinate activities of personal service workers, such as flight attendants, hairdressers, or caddies.
On the job, you would:
- Assign work schedules, following work requirements, to ensure quality and timely delivery of service.
- Observe and evaluate workers' appearance and performance to ensure quality service and compliance with specifications.
- Train workers in proper operational procedures and functions and explain company policies.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- understanding people's reactions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- do two or more things at the same time
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
Point of sale POS software
- First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers, & Material Movers, Hand
- First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Transportation & Material-Moving Machine & Vehicle Operators
- Food Service Managers
- Residential Advisors
You might like a career in one of these industries: