Also called: Assistant Spa Director, Salon Manager, Spa Director, Spa Manager
Produced by CareerOneStop
Video transcript: skip transcript
Providing personal service to clients is a mission carried out by personnel from tour guides and caddies to hair dressers and spa staff. Their supervisors create an atmosphere of quality service and provide workers with guidance and training. Personal service worker supervisors shape service delivery starting by selecting their team and training them on company policies and operating procedures. They assign work schedules and ensure workers’ customer skills and job performance meet company expectations. Being an effective listener attuned to a customer’s experience is an essential skill. When customers take issue with an aspect of service, supervisors resolve the complaints, and, if necessary, take disciplinary action with employees. Personal service worker supervisors meet with managers for updates on policy changes, and may collaborate with colleagues and employees to develop events, new menus, or service programs. Some supervisors also sell services or products. Most supervisor positions require previous experience in the field, along with training in vocational schools, or an associate's degree.
What they do:Plan, direct, or coordinate activities of a spa facility. Coordinate programs, schedule and direct staff, and oversee financial activities.
On the job, you would:
- Respond to customer inquiries or complaints.
- Schedule guest appointments.
- Maintain client databases.
- administrative services
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- talking to others
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- looking for ways to help people
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Bizlink Salon Manager
- DaySmart Software Salon Iris
Human resources software